« Home | Update » | Gamache Scores in Blues Debut » | Finley's First Home Win Puts Exclamation Point on ... » | Thanksgiving Treats » | Happy Thanksgiving » | Welcome to Fleet Communications » | Gamache Returns for Conditioning Assignment » 

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 

Pivko and Rinne Named to AHL Planet USA All Star Team



Libor Pivko and Pekka Rinne got a surprise during the Admiral's practice today, they were named to the AHL Planet USA All-Star team. "It's exciting to get the call from the American Hockey League," said Head Coach Claude Noel, "both guys deserve it. Pekka Rinne's had a great first half of the season, as has Libor Pivko and they've been rewarded. It's good for our team."

Noel continued, "We had what we call bios, where we talk about biographies in the room, and we had a couple of announcements to make, and one of them was that they had been chosen to the AHL All-Star Game and that was the first time they'd heard of it. Normally I tell guys before hand, but I thought I'd surprise them in front of the group so I think they were kind of stunnded." Chuckling, Noel continued, "I don't think they were expecting it, but it's a good surprise."

"It was a big surprise, I didn't know that I was going to be named to All Star Team," said Pivko, "I've had a good year so far because I play with good players like Darren Haydar and Greg Classen in front of me on the line." Pivko commented on the All Star Game, "This game is for the fans, a lot of skills and goals, not much defense." He was very excited to get a chance to show of his skills on a national stage, "I'm very excited. I think it's going to be fun."

Said Rinne of his naming, "It's a huge honor, this is my first season here. I'm very excited. It's going to be fun." In regards to his learning of his selection, "It's my first season here, and I've played in many games, and I've played pretty well. But this was a big surprise to me. I was pretty confused, like I can't believe this. And Libor Pivko is going with me." The smiles said it all.

.
There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May this be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy

Post a Comment